Friday, December 28, 2012

"CINEMA, CINEMA AND AGAIN CINEMA" - Art

My films will describe problems and pains of my people

"I have got intoxicated with films and it can be said it is due to my father. By my profession I am an economist and I would never imagine I could find myself in film industry. But films gradually got me involved. The only thing which I could hear in my house was cinema cinema and again cinema. We used to watch and discuss in detail 2 or 3 films a day. Especially my father after watching a film would discuss each card in detail. I became an avaid reader of all playwrights.I took an active part in shooting the film "Tbilisi- Tbilisi " and also was the main assistant of the editing director Merab Axvlediani. So it happened that finally I got poisoned with love for cinema." Young Georgian film director Tengiz zakareishvili.

Zakareishvili is the junior son of the famous georgian film director Levan Zakareishvili. Who got very popular after shooting the film "Tbilisi- Tbilisi ' which received many prizes and awards. The film won the Nika the main prize of the Russian cinema Academy. This film also won the award for the best direction at the cinema Shock festival of CIS countries. It was also nominated for the Oscar as the best foreign film. At the last moment it was withdrown. Hower the director became the member of the American movie academy. He was also a scholar of Russian and Europian Academies. Leavan Zakareishvili died of heart attack on August 2006. Till last days of of his life he was working on the film "Caucasus Bestseller" dedicated to the theme of the 9 th april.(the April 9 th tragedy refers to the events in Tbilisi,Georgia on 9 april when anti-Soviet demonstration was depressed by the soviet army resulting in 20 death and hundreds of injures 9April now celebrated as the day of na tional unity an public annual holiday) After his fathers death his son Tengo Zakareishvili decided to shoot this Film.

Tengo is a young film director who has shoot short films. One of his short films The "Story has been presented at the cinema shock festival this year. Though the film has not received any prize but the director says that the critics has met it approvingly and he considers it a good beginning for himself. The film depicts problems of contemporary boys in Georgia, Unemployment, drug addiction and poverty. The film is about 2 brothers one of which is as a drug addict the other is an ordinary boy. In the directors opinion the main idea of the film is that a drug addict makes problems not only to his own self but also to other people and sometimes his own and the life of his close can be ended in death. The film ends with the words we desire to have a street where nobody kills none. It seems that like his father Tengo is going to shoot realistic dramas where global tragedies are reduced to personal tragedies.As we know you are going to shoot the film "Caucasus Bestseller" which could not be accomplished by your father.?

Yes, I will necessarily shoot this film which not finished by my father. But first at all I have to enter the higher 2 year course of screen writers and directors at the cinematography and film union. my father finished these course too. He was deeply concerned about the theme of the 9th of April. He himself participated in the rally where people mostly girls and women were killed. My father often said that the murder of thouse women and girls were like a spite in our souls. My father also fought in Abkazia. He was indeed a great patriot. I dont say this because he was my father but it can be seen in his films. He always shoot films concerning peoples tragedies and pains. That s why I am anxious to shoot the film on the theme that worried my father so much. He always said that the film director must shoot films which deal with the problems of his people.contact details of Georgian film director Tengo Zakareishvili:





Automatic blog by iAutoblog

No comments:

Post a Comment